Updated: Mar 14, 2021
Growing up, I was never a huge fan of doritos, combos, chips ahoy, and other snacks like that. However, I've always had a special place in my heart for Chex Mix. I love how it's a mix of so many different foods, textures, and flavors. That's why I created my idea of Chex Mix, using all my nutrient dense, kitchen sink ingredients. This recipe uses tahini and other spices, in replace of the worcestershire sauce from the classic Chex Mix. My mix of ingredients includes: gluten free pretzels, walnuts, pecans, almonds, pepitas, Simple Mills almond flour crackers, the classic rice chex, and crushed up brown rice cakes. This is such an easy snack to make, and it's perfect to throw in a bowl for parties, bring on the go, or snack at home!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 12
2c rice chex
1c gluten free mini pretzels
1/4c each: chopped walnuts, almonds, pecans
2 salt free brown rice cakes
2tbs melted coconut butter
1c Simple Mills almond flour crackers
2tbs nutritional yeast
1/2tsp onion powder
1/2tsp garlic powder
Pink salt + cayenne pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, add rice chex, chopped nuts, pretzels, and pepitas.
3. Then use your hands to crush the rice cakes and break the crackers in half, then add to the large bowl.
4. Melt the coconut butter and pour on top of the chex mix.
5. Add in the tahini, nutritional yeast, and spices and mix until all ingredients are well coated.
6. Once mixed, transfer to the prepped baking sheet and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before snacking!
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or message me on IG @ wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!