Updated: Mar 14, 2021
Growing up a Girl Scout myself, thin mints were my absolute favorite cookie. If you’re anything like me, you will love these copycat thin mints! I mean, the texture is just perfect; a balance of fluffy inside and hard, crunchy outside. These cookies feature my favorite gluten free, dairy free baking ingredients, such as almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, dairy free chocolate chips, pure maple syrup, and more. They are so easy to make and are sure to bring all the holiday cheer to your christmas dessert table!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
1c almond flour
1/4c coconut flour
1/2c coconut sugar
3 1/2tbs cacao powder
1tbs maple syrup
1/4c melted coconut oil
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp peppermint oil (more if desired)
pink salt to taste
1/3c melted df dark chocolate (for top shell)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
2. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
3. Scoop 1/2inch dough into balls and transfer to prepped baking sheet.
4. Press down to flatten into a cookie shape, since you don’t want them to rise too much.
5. Bake for 9-11 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
6. While the cookies cool, melt the dark chocolate chips in a small bowl.
7. Once cookies are cooled, dunk each cookie into the melted chocolate and transfer back onto the baking sheet.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes in the fridge and enjoy!
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or messages me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!