Updated: Mar 15, 2021
Everyone loves a good brownie, but how about a fudgy, cosmic brownie?! Now that’s an instant flashback to lunches packed by my mama back in elementary school. They were the highlight of the lunch. But, may I add that these brownies are also refined sugar free, dairy free, and gluten... yup, that’s right! This recipe features much more nutritious brownie ingredients, such as almond flour, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar, flaxseed meal, almond butter, and more. They’re easy as can be to make, and they pair perfectly with a nice bowl of ice cream (or nicecream)!
Prep time: 7 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Serving size: makes 16 brownies
1/4c almond flour
1/3c coconut oil + 1tbs coconut butter
1/3c pure maple syrup + 2tbs coconut sugar
1/3c creamy almond butter
1/3c unsweetened cacao powder
1/3c dairy free dark chocolate
1tbs unsweetened almond milk
1tsp baking soda
3tbs dairy free dark chocolate chips
1/2tbs coconut butter
1tbs almond butter
1tbs raw cacao powder
3tbs rainbow sprinkles
METHOD 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a sauce pan, heat the coconut oil, coconut butter, almond butter, and maple syrup on low heat.
3. Once the butter & syrup are melted, add in the dark cacao powder, almond milk.
4. Then remove from heat, & add the eggs, almond flour flour, baking soda, & pink salt.
5. Stir until batter is formed. Line a baking dish with parchment paper & pour in the batter evenly. 6. Sprinkle with coarse pink salt, & bake for about 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
7. Then, melt the dark chocolate chips with coconut butter.
8. Remove from heat and mix with almond butter and cacao powder until fudgy.
9. Once smooth, pour over the brownies and spread evenly.
10. Sprinkle the sprinkles over top and throw in the fridge to harden for 10 minutes.
11. Remove from fridge, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or message me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!