Updated: Mar 15, 2021
One of my favorite things about the cold weather... homemade soup! This healthy cauliflower chickpea quinoa soup is packed with delicious vegetables and lots of hearty flavor. It features nutrient dense ingredients, such as carrots, potatoes, chickpeas, cauliflower, tricolor quinoa, and fresh spices. What’s not to love?! I love the texture this soup has; it’s seriously so hearty! Pair this with your favorite toasted sourdough or crunchy crackers. Once you smell this, you’ll want to be cuddled up on the couch with a large bowl in hand in minutes. This recipe is entirely vegan and gluten free, so enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 head of cauliflower chopped
3 large carrots chopped
6 baby yellow potatoes chopped
2c cooked quinoa
3 cloves garlic minced
1 small white onion diced
1 can salt free chickpeas
2 cups kale
fresh parsley + fresh basil diced
1 box vegetable broth
4 cups filtered water
1tsp onion powder
1tsp garlic powder
red chili flakes, @traderjoes mushroom & co., pink salt, pepper, oregano to taste
1. Rinse and dry all veggies, then chop or dice as directed.
2. Once all veggies are chopped, heat a medium skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Sauté diced onion & garlic for about 7 minutes.
4. Then add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil.
5. Boil for 10 minutes, then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add more fresh parsley & basil, along with more seasoning if need & serve!
Be sure to leave a comment, like, and rate below, and also message me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Don‘t forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!