Updated: Mar 15, 2021
If this recipe doesn't scream summer, I don't know what does. I've recently found a love for both mango and peach, and since peach season is in full swing, it was the perfect time for this recipe. I absolutely love blueberry crumb bars, so I thought swapping the fruit would be fun. These bars are the perfect breakfast, afternoon snack, grab n go, or dessert crumbled over some creamy vanilla ice cream. They are packed with a handful of more nutritious baking ingredients, such as almond flour, gluten free rolled oats, flaxseed meal, almond butter, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar, and more. Plus, the flavor of the mango and peach together is perfect. You won't want to miss out on these; they're gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 46 minutes
Serving size: 16 bars
1 1/4c almond flour
1/4c buckwheat flour
1/4c gluten free rolled oats
2tbs flaxseed meal
1/4c pure maple syrup + 3tbs coconut sugar
1/4c melted coconut oil
2tbs almond butter
1/2tsp baking powder
2tbs dairy free milk
1 large mango
1tbs hemp seeds
1c gluten free rolled oats
3tbs almond flour
2tbs pure maple syrup + 1tbs coconut sugar
1tbs coconut shreds
1/4c sliced almonds
sprinkle pink salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Add all crust ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
3. Transfer to the lined dish and spread evenly into all corners.
4. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
5. While the crust bakes, peel, cut, and mash the mango + peach.
6. Transfer to a small pot to cook down on the stovetop on low heat for 5 minutes.
7. Then make the crumble by adding all crumble ingredients into a medium sized bowl. There should be some clumps.
8. Remove the crust from the oven and add the filling on top. Make sure to spread evenly to all corners.
9. Then sprinkle the crumble on top evenly, and bake for another 30 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing & enjoying!