Updated: Mar 15, 2021
If you love dessert and love hummus texture, you're in the right spot. Dessert hummus is another one of my favorite things to make because its almost like cookie dough, but a little bit creamier. This dessert hummus uses chickpeas as the base- yes chickpeas! I promise, you don't taste them one bit. Among the chickpeas are other wholesome ingredients, such as organic peanut butter, raw cacao powder, pure maple syrup, dates, pure vanilla, and unsweetened almond milk. This dessert is super simple to make- all you do is throw everything into a food processor or blender. However, this hummus combines two flavors, chocolate and peanut butter chocolate chip. So, this recipes entails making two separate hummus's, and then swirling them together to make the perfect peanut butter cup flavor. This is such a protein packed snack or dessert, especially with the chickpeas. You can serve this hummus with pretzels, rice cakes, or my favorite way- with a spoon, right out of the bowl!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 8
1c salt free chickpeas
10 pitted dates
2tbs pure maple syrup
1/2tsp pure vanilla
3tbs creamy peanut butter
1tbs almond milk
2tbs raw cacao powder
1/4c dairy free dark chocolate
1. Soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes.
2. Add all ingredients to food processor except chocolate chips and cacao powder.
3. Blend until smooth and add in almond milk until smooth and creamy.
4. Remove half the hummus from the food processor and transfer to a small bowl.
5. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter in the bowl and mix.
6. Add the cacao powder to the batter remaining in the food processor and blend until smooth.
7. In a separate bowl or container, start to layer the two flavors.
8. Layer/swirl until both batters are combined into one dessert hummus.
9. After serving, store in the fridge!
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or message me on IG @ wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!