Welcome to another of my small batch recipes! Do you ever have only one overripe banana lying around, and you just don't know what to do with it? Well guess what- you can now use that banana for small batch vegan marbled banana bread muffins. Yup, you heard that right. This is a small batch recipe, making about 8 muffins, but size does not dictate flavor! These vegan muffins are packed with a balance of chocolate and vanilla, with a light hint of banana bread. The ingredients in this recipe are simple and more nutrient dense; this includes, gluten free flour, banana, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar, almond butter, coconut butter, Nuzest Vanilla Protein, and raw cacao powder. They're perfect for a grab n go snack, light breakfast, or last night dessert. Plus, they'r'e entirely gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free. What's not to love?
Prep time: 7 minutes
Bake time: 18-20 minutes
1 overripe banana
3/4c gluten free flour
1/4c melted vegan butter
1/4c pure maple syrup
3tbs coconut sugar
2tbs almond butter (I use Georgia Grinders- code "wellnesswithmak" for $ off)
1 scoop Nuzest vanilla protein or 1tsp pure vanilla
1-2tbs nut milk
2tbs cacao powder
1tsp baking powder
flakey sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, add all ingredients (besides the cacao powder). Mix well.
3. Once batter is well combined, transfer about 1/3 of the batter into a separate bowl.
4. To that new bowl with 1/3 of the batter, add in cacao powder. Mix until cacao powder is well combined.
5. Now start spooning the original 2/3 batter into the lined muffin tins. Fill muffin tins about half way up. (Should be about 7-8 muffins).
6. Then transfer a spoonful of the chocolate batter into each liner.
7. Finish if off with the reminder of the original vanilla batter. (fill up randomly for the marble look).
8. If batter doesn't look super marbles, use a tooth pick to swirl the batter.
9. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Let cool and enjoy!
*This blog post does include affiliate links to my favorite brands that I partner with. By clicking on the underlined link, you are shopping through my unique link. This does support me in a small way, so thank you in advance! All brands I share are brands I love and use in my everyday life :)
Be sure to shoot me tan email with your feedback or messages me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. You can also pin this recipe to your pinterest board! Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!