Introducing a new house favorite— spaghetti squash lasagna bake! I’ll preface by saying this one takes some energy to make, but the energy is far worth it. I couldn’t decide between my vegan lasagna & spaghetti squash with turkey meat sauce, so we went for both! Just think chickpea lasagna packed with nutrient dense ingredients, such as spaghetti squash, ground turkey, baby spinach, fresh basil, mushrooms, lots of fresh tomato sauce, & spices. It’s a dreamy combination! This recipe is dairy free and gluten free, but can be made vegan without the turkey meat. It’s perfect for a light, healthy, delicious Italian dinner.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 70-75 minutes
Total time: 85 minutes
1tbs olive oil
1 spaghetti squash
1 box Banza chickpea lasagna
1lb ground turkey
1 jar of tomato sauce
4c baby spinach
1/2c nutritional yeast
1/2c fresh basil
1tbs garlic powder
dried oregano & red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Get out a lasagna dish, and set aside.
2. Poke holes in spaghetti squash and microwave for 1 minute. Then slice in half and scoop the seeds out.
3. Drizzle squash with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, and nutritional yeast.
4. Transfer to oven to roast for 50-55 minutes.
5. In the meantime, chop mushrooms and set aside. prep a large pot with water for the lasagna noodles and a large skillet for the turkey meat.
6. Once the squash has 15 minutes left, start to boil your pasta water. At the same time, heat skillet at medium high heat with a little olive oil.
7. Once water starts to boil, add in the lasagna noodles. Let cook as directed, but remove from heat while still a little firm. At the same time, add turkey meat to skillet.
8. Season turkey meat with your desired amount of garlic powder, oregano, basil, red pepper, and pink salt. Cook until done, about 8-12 minutes.
9. Once turkey is cooked, lasagna noodles are done, and spaghetti squash is out of the oven, time to layer.
10. In a lasagna dish, first add a layer of sauce. Then add a layer of lasagna noodles. Top that with a layer of turkey meat. After that, scoop a portion of the spaghetti squash into the center in a even layer. Then add your spinach and mushrooms. Top that with another layer of sauce and then with nutritional yeast, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, and dried oregano. Repeat layering process until filled, finishing with sauce and spices on top.
11. Transfer lasagna dish into the oven for 15 minutes or until bubbling. Once bubbling, remove from oven and serve!
Please give this recipe a link and comment if you enjoyed it, and tag me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy recipes, life updates, holistic lifestyle info, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!