Updated: Mar 15, 2021
I know we all had our fair share of Trader Joe’s gnocchi, but have you ever realized how easy making it homemade is? This gnocchi recipe is easy and requires minimal, simple ingredients. These nourishing ingredients include: sweet potato, organic kale, gluten free flour, tahini, nutritional yeast, and spices. Not only are these gnocchi easy and hearty— they make a great main or side dish for the holiday season. This recipe also comes along with an optional mushroom & co. tahini sauce for for dunking, drizzling, or completely burying. Well, what are you waiting for? These little bites of joy are gluten free and vegan!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
2 large sweet potato
1c gluten free baking flour
2tbs nutritional yeast (extra for sprinkling)
1 clove minced garlic
pink salt + pepper to taste
mushroom & co. tahini sauce
3tbs unsweetened almond milk
1/2tsp garlic powder
1/2tsp onion powder
1/2tsp Trader Joe’s mushroom & co. seasoning
1tbs nutritional yeast
sprinkle of oil salt and black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water and a sprinkle of salt to boil.
2. Poke holes in sweet potato and microwave for 5-6 minutes (you can bake at 400 for 45 minutes if desired).
3. Once cooked, remove skin and add to a food processor.
4. Add in the kale and tahini to blend. Once smooth, fold in the flour and remainder of ingredients.
5. Once starting to form dough, but still a little sticky, transfer to a floured surface.
6. Use your hands or roll into a long snakelike figure. Use a knife or pizza cutter to slice the dough about half an inch long.
7. Once water is boiking, add in the gnocchi in batches. It should take about 5 batches. Once gnocchi is done, it will pop to the surface. Repeat for all gnocchi.
8. Once all gnocchi is done boliking, transfer to an airfryer tray.
9. Air fry at 350 F for 15 minutes or until browning on top.
10. Enjoy plain or make the tahini sauce by adding all ingredients to a medium bowl to mix. (add more liquid if too thick).
11. Drizzle the sauce on top or toss gnocchi in it and enjoy!
Be sure to leave a comment, like, and rate below, and also message me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Don‘t forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!