Updated: Mar 24, 2021
If you're still buying store bought granola, we have a problem! Homemade granola is where it's at; it's fresh, you know exactly what's going into it, it's delicious, and so customizable. This is my newest granola recipe, and it's definitely in my top five. Why is it called "puffed" granola you ask? That's because it uses crushed up rice cakes for the ultimate texture and crunch. It's one of the chunkiest granolas I've ever made, especially with the chopped up nuts. This recipe also features many wholesome ingredients, such as gluten free rolled oats, hazelnuts, almonds, pitted dates, pure maple syrup, unsweetened coconut flakes, flaxseed meal, original almond butter, and more. Best of all, it also only takes a total of 30 minutes to make. You can easily pair this granola with dairy free mylk or yogurt, oat bowls, chia pudding, smoothie bowls, and any snack!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 25-27 minutes
Serving size: 1
2 salt free brown rice cakes
1/2c gluten free rolled oats
1/2 chopped almonds + hazelnuts
2tbs flaxseed meal
1tbs chia seeds + hemp seeds
1tsp madagascar vanilla
2tbs coconut flakes
1/4c melted coconut oil
2tbs pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 325F and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add all ingredients to a large bowl, besides rice cakes and half of the chopped dates, and mix.
3. Now crumbled the rice cakes into small chunks and fold into the blended batter.
4. Transfer granola batter to prepped baking sheet and press down into one large sheet.
5. Take the other half of the chopped dates and sprinkle them evenly on top. Press down to make sure they mold into the granola.
6. Transfer to oven and bake for 25-27 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes before breaking into clusters. Throw in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden more if desired.
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or message me on IG @ wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!