Updated: Mar 14, 2021
Okay here me out— blueberry pie in cookie form... I got you listening, right? Great.These cookies are a new obsession; they're the best balance of cinnamon spice and blueberry sweetness. Plus, the oatmeal texture just tops it off. This recipe includes vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free ingredients. Ingredients, such as gluten free oat flour, gluten free oats, cinnamon, almond butter, flax eggs, pure maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut sugar, nut milk, vanilla, blueberries, and more. The mix of these ingredients results in a crispy on the edges, chewy on the inside cookie; it's the best of both worlds! All you need is a big bowl, a mixing spoon, and you. Enough talking- let's get to baking.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 12-14 minutes
1c gluten free oat flour
3/4c gluten free oats
1/3c coconut oil (melted)
2tbs pure maple syrup
1/2c coconut sugar
2tbs almond butter
2 flax eggs (2tbs flaxmeal + 5tbs water)
1tsp baking powder
2tbs unsweetened oat milk
1/2c blueberries (I prefer frozen)
flakey sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
2. Make the flax eggs by combining 2tbs flaxseed meal with 5tbs filtered water in a small bowl. Let sit.
3. In a large bowl, add all wet ingredients. Mix until flax eggs are well combined.
4. Fold in flour and mix.
5. Fold in the remainder of the dry ingredients (besides blueberries) and mix until dough is formed.
6. Next, pour in the blueberries and gently mix until equally distributed throughout the cookie dough. I prefer frozen because then the blueberry flavor mixes throughout the whole batter.
7. Scoop dough with a cookie scoop and transfer to prepped baking sheet.
8. Press down to flatten, sprinkle with flakey sea salt, and place in the oven.
9. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
10. Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes, and enjoy!
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or messages me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!