Updated: Apr 30, 2021
When you can't decide between a cookie and a brownie, you don't choose one; you make a dessert that embodies both. These double chocolate brownie cookies are exactly that! Imagine the flavor of a brownie, but in a chewy on the inside, perfectly crisp on the outside cookie. These cookies require very minimal ingredients; ingredients in which are more nutrient dense. These ingredients include: pure maple syrup, coconut sugar, raw cacao powder, unrefined coconut oil, all natural almond butter, and more. These cookies are a 1, 2, 3, done recipe. Plus, they are gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free! What more could you ask for? They're perfect for crumbling over oats and ice cream, or dunking in a big class of nut milk. They're something the whole family can enjoy.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 10-12 minutes
Serving size: 10 cookies
1c + 1tbs gluten free flour
1/4c melted coconut oil
4tbs raw cacao powder
3tbs coconut sugar
2tbs almond butter (georgia grinders code “wellnesswithmak“)
3tbs pure maple syrup
1-2tbs unsweetened nut milk
1/2tsp pure vanilla
1tsp baking powder
flakey sea salt
vegan chocolate chips/chocolate bar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F, and line a baking sheet with baking mat.
2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, besides chocolate chips (add nut milk 1tbs at a time and see if it needs more).
3. Once dough starts to form, fold in chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar.
4. Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough onto prepped baking sheet.
5. Align on the baking sheet evenly, and flatten cookies a good amount.
6. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt and bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
Be sure to shoot me tan email with your feedback or messages me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. You can also pin this recipe to your pinterest board! Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!